Automation Engineer – Remote
Location: Remote NC
Location: Remote-first with work in customer facilities as needed in Southeastern, U.S – NC, SC, GA, FL, LA, TX. Up to 25% travel.
On a typical day you will:
- Coordinate with Lead Engineers and Project Managers to execute project tasks, report task status, and provide execution feedback and project risks to help execute the project.
- Work on project deliverables such as Design Specifications, Architecture Drawings, FAT/SAT Protocols, HMI Applications, Control Strategies, System Configuration, and Information Solutions.
- Attend daily project meetings, client review meetings, and or internal project review meetings.
- Execute and support FATs or onsite SATs and start-up and commissioning activities.
We are looking for someone with a solid background in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical preferred) and at least five+ years of experience in the process control industry, specifically in Industrial Gases, Oil and Gas, Hydrogen Energy, or Chemicals.
- Controls Engineer II requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience in process controls and systems integration. Controls Engineer III requires 10+ years’ experience.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline or other related field or equivalent work experience and training
- Experience with various unit operations.
- Experience with PLCs (Rockwell Automation Plant PAx) and/or DCS systems.
- Understanding of common control strategies, PI&Ds, Industry Standards such as ISA-101, ISA-18.2.
- Thrive in a fast-paced agile work environment, which requires proactiveness and good communication skills to keep your teammates and clients up to date.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technology focused degree
- Industrial Gases or Oil and Gas Industry experience – (liquefaction, compressor controls, industrial gases, hydrogen, chemicals)
- Understanding of how Basic Process Control Systems (BPCS) interface with third-party SIS and Fire and Gas Systems
- Experience in consulting Front-End Loading (FEL) or system integration is a plus
- Experience with technical management of projects and execution
- Experience supporting peer development through mentoring and coaching activities