Controls Engineer – Evansville
Location: Evansville IN
As an Automation Control Specialist, you will be responsible for using engineering concepts to design, develop, and implement industrial PLC control systems in many different types of manufacturing environments. To be successful as an Automation Control specialist you should expert knowledge of complex controls systems, excellent problem-solving skills, be fluent in many PLC programming languages, have the ability to setup and commission VFD’s, and have extensive experience with many industrial communication protocols. You will be responsible for developing new controls systems, maintaining existing applications, and troubleshooting issues.
- Develop and program new PLC control systems to meet project requirements.
- Modify existing PLC control system programming.
- Design and implement VFD motor control systems.
- Design and implement industrial networking for machine control.
- Work with other team members and departments to deliver successful projects.
- Commission systems onsite
- Troubleshoot electrical control systems.
- 4 Years of Industrial Automation Experience with PLC Control Systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Software or Computer engineering
- Solid computer knowledge and skills with practical experience in networking for industrial applications
- Master of mechanical and electrical systems including practical experience in system integration
- Integration and implementation of controls systems in industrial applications
- Demonstrated skill in roles where written/verbal client communication was prominent.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s, HMI Software, and VFD’s
- Experience in SQL Databases