Controls Engineer – LA
Location: Glendale CA
Our client is seeking a Controls Engineer to join our Engineering Technology group in Los Angeles, CA. The Engineering Technology group is responsible for developing, optimizing, and implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for our manufacturing plants worldwide. Technologies can include; manufacturing RFID devices, precision coating, extrusion, thermal embossing, drying/curing, lamination and other web-based processes such as printing and label converting. This position will support project execution through all phases, from concept design, to scale-up, to commercialization and requires close collaboration with vendors and plants globally.
- Design and program control systems, with focus on precision controls and high speed manufacturing systems.
- Support global projects that require electrical hardware design, electrical layouts, controls programming and process expertise.
- Inspect, install, and commission proprietary equipment in manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Coordinate and handle resources, including external vendors and divisional personnel, to ensure that the equipment and processes provided meet all requirements and specifications.
- Design and test necessary prototypes / experiments in support of design and project objectives.
- Build and maintain technical documentation.
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience with high speed, precision manufacturing with Bachelor’s Degree. A Masters Degree is a plus.
- Expertise in motion control: specifying, integrating and tuning a broad range of systems including high-speed servos, robotics, transducers, and high speed machine vision systems, with hands on background.
- Excellent experience developing, programming and troubleshooting PLC and PC-based systems including HMI or other user interface application software.
- Direct experience in design, integration and validation of controls in high volume automated process equipment for high precision assemblies and test equipment. Capable of taking a project from concept design through commercialization.
- Experience in crafting technical specifications, machine qualification requirements, design of experiments and failure analysis.
- Understands machine qualification including calibration, capability, repeatability and reproducibility.
- Experience in semiconductor chip handling/packaging.
- Programming proficiency in: Siemens (TIA Portal), Rockwell (Studio5000 and FactoryTalk View), PLC based systems, HMI software
- Experience with .NET Framework is a plus
- Excellent at crafting electrical and control panel layouts.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the US and internationally.
- Good organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.