Electric Vehicle Engineer
Location: Johnson Creek WI
Are you excited about the wave of electrification happening in automotive and parallel industries?
We are seeking engineers to develop the technologies, integrate components and design systems for battery electric-powered Company products. Help us power the Company brand by utilizing your engineering expertise and ingenuity to create products that will advance the industry! We work hard, value and reward our employees, encourage innovative thinking, and are enthusiastically seeking an engineer who is a great fit on a team of technical experts.
Role & Responsibility
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, and embedded system teams to understand and develop components for compact electrical construction and ground maintenance machines.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop requirements and specifications for advanced chemistry battery systems, power electronics, electric motors, and power distribution.
- Specify, develop, and implement functionality of embedded control systems for electric machine systems.
- Leverage calculations & analysis tools to derive solutions that optimize system & individual component performance.
- Understand and develop testing to ensure compliance of international standards and regulations for electrical earth moving and ground maintenance machines.
- Direct tests and analyze results of prototype electric machines to optimize the design in preparation for production.
- Participate in analysis of technology in parallel industries and competitive machines.
- Assist in planning of product specifications, timelines, and resources required to develop electric vehicles.
- Collaborate with Operations & Manufacturing teams to optimize designs for mass production.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, agricultural, or mechanical engineering
- Experience: 2-10 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of electrical systems and battery systems development
- Knowledge of electric motor control and electrical vehicle development
- Experience with off highway mobile equipment is beneficial
- Travel < 10%