Leader – POS Engineering
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Establish and drive the NAPA Automotive Parts Stores Point-of-Sale and Reporting platform strategy by working with Business and IT leadership as well as store operators to clarify Business, Vision and Strategy.
- Full value stream for the products and platforms owned
- Driving Agile and DevOps practices and Methodologies
- Establishing and delivering on key metrics that drive engineering, business, and store success.
- Use and improve the productivity of the product engineering processes through end-to-end automation.
- Lead design and architecture discussions
- Work with management to estimate the level of effort, resource needs, and project duration.
- Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site and offshore engineering teams.
- Participate in joint technology roadmap development with other delivery teams
- Accountable for client relationship for external and internal customers and responsible for directing the following work efforts:
- External relationship management related to store operators and owners and associated field management.
- Internal relationship management related to other team leads, Business & IT directors, and executive level management
- Vendor Relationship Management (i.e., onshore/ offshore support)
- May have external relationships related to technical software product vendors
- Compliance with APG security and compliance standards
- Ensuring streamlined application releases that drive towards rapid delivery and automated pipelines.
- Providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams
- 7+ Years leading complex software and hardware implementation modern technology solutions
- 7+ years’ experience supervising (completing performance reviews) and managing work efforts
- 5+ years’ experience in vendor management and remote development teams
- Strong background as a software developer and architect
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices with focus on Agile methodologies
- Experience with leading DevOps and full-lifecycle engineering teams.
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and MicroServices
- API, Web services and other integration concepts
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages
- Ability to interact with Management and Software Developers, onsite and offshore.
- Experience in managing software development teams with multiple systems and integration points
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and Architecture teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Master’s Degree, and BS in Computer Science preferred, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
- This role will lead software engineers and/or consultant resources and carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Corporate and the IT organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and reviewing work of software developers (onsite/offshore), provide input on the quality and performance of development resources to the management.