Mechanical Design Engineer – LA
Location: Los Angeles CA
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Engineering Technology group in Los Angeles, CA. The Engineering Technology group is responsible for developing, optimizing, and implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for our manufacturing plants worldwide. Technologies can include; manufacturing RFID devices, precision coating, extrusion, thermal embossing, drying/curing, lamination and other web-based processes such as printing and label converting. This position will support project execution through all phases, from concept design, to scale-up, to commercialization and requires close collaboration with vendors and plants globally.
- Craft and analyze mechanical systems, with focus on tight tolerance machine design and high speed manufacturing systems.
- Support global projects that require both mechanical design and process expertise.
- Inspect, install, and commission proprietary equipment in manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Coordinate and lead resources, including external vendors and divisional personnel, to ensure that the equipment and processes provided meet all requirements and specifications.
- Design and test vital prototypes / experiments in support of design and project objectives.
- Build and maintain technical documentation.
- 0 – 9+ years of relevant engineering experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. A Masters Degree is a plus.
- Must possess good mechanical design skills and process technology understanding. Capable of taking a project from concept design through commercialization.
- Showed strength in Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools and DFM methods.
- Good drafting skills; familiar with GD&T, ASME Y14.5 Standards
- Knowledge of motion systems, design principles, and sensor technology related to industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in Finite Element Modeling is a plus.
- Ability to work hands-on with equipment, machines, and inspection devices.
- Analytical mindset for overcoming engineering challenges and problems.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the US and internationally.
- Good interpersonal and planning skills; ability to balance multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.