Remote – Automation Engineer I
No direct report supervision responsibilities, however, it is expected that this position will manage work product development assignments and follow-ups with junior resources to meet project and client objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required.
At least five (5) years of experience in automation systems manufacturing systems in the food, beverage or consumer products industries required.
Qualified applicants will demonstrate expertise in the following areas of competence:
Programming – Must be able to program from scratch, edit, document, test, and troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs. Specific knowledge of the most current Rockwell Automation programming software for Control Logix and Compact Logix platforms.
Design – Must be familiar with the electrical design process of automation systems. Knowledgeable in creating and interpreting control panel layouts, bill of materials, schematic drawings, specifications, installation drawings and packages, conduit and conductor schedules. Must be capable of reviewing design to ensure compliance to design specifications.
Industrial Control Devices and Networks – knowledge of devices commonly used in the industrial automation field which include solenoid valves, pneumatic systems, relays, motor starters, variable frequency drives (VFDs), photo eyes, motors, pushbuttons, safety switches, pressure transmitters, flow meters, temperature sensors, disconnect switches, safety devices, and the like. Knowledge of common industrial networks.
• Develop functional design specifications and logic narratives describing systems and features.
• Develop system architecture including PACs / PLCs, networks, HMIs, servers, etc.
• Develop PAC / PLC and HMI programs based on functional design specifications or logic narratives and in alignment with programming standards required for each project.
• Deploy systems at client sites and interact with clients at various levels to ensure project success.
• Ensure work products are technically sound and meet clients’ requirements.
• Lead and manage field activities during installation and start-up phases at client sites.
• Capable and willing to perform tasks that are required for projects to be successful. These tasks include programming, design, installation, start-up support, as-builts, client follow-up, vendor follow-up, and procurement.