Robotics Engineer – Grand Rapids
• Assess application needs in order to design and program robotic / automation cells including integration with other systems such as vision and conveyor.
• Provide recommendations for successful end of arm tool design and dress pack routing.
• Assist and direct outside contractors.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and drawings and write associated reports.
• Supporting Lifecycle Service team with downtime resolution, performing root cause failure analysis, and keeping equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership.
• Support a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous project responsibilities.
• Interfaces with customers to troubleshoot automation problems and provide training.
• Travel up to 15-25% of time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering / computer related field preferred.
• 5 – 10 years of experience in a robotics engineering environment such as:
o Robots – Fanuc, Yaskawa, Nachi , ABB, EOAT tools and design
o Programming – Backup, restore and transfer robot files; Use robot simulation software to develop robot programs and paths offline and to prove out cell cycle time, reach, payload, and design feasibility; Userframes and TCP’s (Tool center points); Teach and touchup robot points and paths.
o Safety – Developed robotic and controls safety functions and parameters.
o Testing – Participated in Factory Acceptance Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
o PLC – Programmed, modified, or troubleshoot PLC controls and HMIs (AB, Siemens)
• Experience in the material handling industry is a plus.