Sr. Controls Engineer – Grand Rapids
• Design electrical layouts for material handling systems and procure controls devices.
• Design panel layouts and participate in any certification requirements.
• Modify and develop electrical drawings (AutoCAD) following standard drawing and electrical practices.
• Design, Program and troubleshoot PLC controls and HMIs for proper function.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Downtime resolution and perform root cause failure analysis.
• Assist and direct outside contractors.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and write associated reports.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership.
• Support a fast‐paced environment with multiple simultaneous project responsibilities.
• Interfaces with customers to troubleshoot conveyor and automation problems and provide training.
• Travel up to 15‐25% of time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering / computer related field preferred.
• 5 ‐ 10 years of experience in a controls engineering environment such as:
o PLC Software – RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000
o Programming – Sockets, Implicit/Explicit messaging, STL, Ladder, FBD
o Scanner Integration and Setup – Cognex, Datalogic, Sick, Keyence o HMI Platforms – FactoryTalk ME, Ignition Perspective
o Communications – DeviceNet, DH+, TCP/IP, EIP o Robot Integration – Fanuc, Yaskawa, Nachi, ABB
o Motion – VFD Powerflex 523‐525, CIP Motion Kinetex o Vision Systems – 2D/3D inspection
• Experience in the material handling industry is a plus.