Due to massive growth (from $4B to $7B in 3 years), we are adding a Payroll Manager position. This role is responsible for overseeing the shared service payroll team and processing of all Company payrolls.
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
- Work with Senior Manager of Payroll to effectively build, lead and manage payroll team.
- Accurate, timely and efficient processing, calculating and payment of payroll and related compensation expenses.
- Resolve escalated payroll inquiries with a sense of urgency.
- Ensure federal, state, and local tax report filing deadlines are met.
- Ability to analyze payroll accounting-related problems.
- Identify, develop, and implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain internal control requirements, including maintenance of workflows and work instructions.
- Create, monitor, and analyze Key Performance Indicators to evaluate the effectiveness of shared services model.
- Support internal and external auditors’ requests, including research and analysis of audit requests.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Finance and IS partners on the implementation of Workday and payroll initiatives.
- Perform and assist with payroll-related duties and/or projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 7+ years of payroll experience in managing multi-state payrolls in a high-volume environment.
- End-to-end payroll processing including knowledge of payroll tax legislation and regulations.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- JD Edwards, Workday and Kronos experience preferred.
- Union payroll processing experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of California payroll rules and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be very detail-oriented and strive for minimal errors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and produce accurate and timely results.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.